Monday, July 13, 2009

Men at work: Mark Newport


Here is an image of one of my favorite male textile artists Mark Newport. I feel really connected to the type of work that he does. His knitted super hero costumes really evoke a sense of nostalgia and comfort. I am glad to see this kind of work circulating and being taken seriously as art. You can see more of his images here. Tell me what you think.


I am going to try and do more posts about male textile artists here because I think it is important to stay united. I have come to realize that penetrating this female dominated craft is going to be harder than I thought it would be.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool stuff, I've never seen his work before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said 'penetrating' and 'female' in the same sentence. tee hee. :)

    ReplyDelete